Gardens of Villa Harris
In the late nineteenth century, a British journalist named Walter Burton Harris moved to Tangier. He builds a Hispano-Moorish style house on a domain of several hectares in the Malabata area. Ruined, the British hands over his property to a certain Onofre Zapata who will turn Villa Harris into a Casino-Park. The Spanish occupation of 1940 put an end to this leisure area. In the 70’s, the estate will be bought by the Club Med hotel group which will occupy the premises until 2000. Left for many years, the gardens of Villa Harris are today again accessible for the greatest satisfaction of walkers.
Location: Mohammed VI Avenue, Tangier